eBooks are powerful tools for SaaS marketers to target customers in the awareness and consideration stages of the buyer’s journey. This type of content appeals strongly to B2B audiences, with 63% reporting that they’re willing to provide their contact information to download an ebook. As a SaaS marketer, it’s important to be familiar with the best B2B ebook examples to help improve your own content marketing strategy.
In this article, we’ll critique 3 ebooks so that you can learn what worked and what didn’t, enabling you to create ebooks that your audience wants.
B2B ebook examples to inspire you
Cvent ebook: Leverage Your Content for Virtual Events
Cvent’s technology helps transform the meetings, events and hospitality industries. The company’s solutions optimize the entire event management value chain.
- The best B2B ebook examples have a landing page that persuades readers to download the content. Cvent accomplishes this by explaining what readers will learn in 4 bullet points on the ebook landing page.
- This ebook has an action-oriented title that clearly outlines what the content is about and why the reader should download it. The ebook is focused around one core topic: leveraging your content for virtual events.
- The ebook offers concrete, actionable insights, highlighting five different content formats that readers should use to capture the attention of their virtual event attendees. Readers can take this advice back to their desk and implement it immediately to improve event-related processes and ROI.
- Cvent’s ebook uses a decent amount of images and colorful headers to break up the text, but it’s still fairly text heavy and could take a page from other B2B ebook examples by incorporating more white space and design elements such as statistics and infographics.
- The ebook would benefit from including a bit of information about Cvent and guiding readers towards a strong call to action.
Freshworks offers SaaS customer engagement solutions to organizations of all sizes. These tools make it easy for support, sales and marketing professionals to provide better customer service and collaborate with team members to resolve issues.
- This ebook is highly interactive, with several value-added tools that readers can put to use right away. These include:
- a checklist to assess your current customer experience (CX) strategy
- a worksheet to conduct an overview of your CX tools and applications
- a customer support metrics cheat sheet
- The ebook design is bright and colourful with several engaging graphic elements to break up the text such as bulleted lists, charts and icons.
- The ebook features pull quotes and statistics to grab the reader’s attention, as well as demonstrate social proof and credibility in the form of hard numbers.
- While the landing page does explain the value the reader will get from the ebook, it could benefit from an action-oriented header. The look and feel is slightly muted due to the colours and text size.
- Overall, this is an excellent piece of content that would rank among the best B2B ebook examples out there. Our main suggestion is to provide contact information so interested readers can get in touch with Freshworks.
Zuora ebook: The 5 New IoT Success Metrics
Zuora provides cloud-based software via subscription that enables any company in any industry to successfully launch, manage and transform into a subscription business.
- This ebook builds credibility from the get-go by sharing statistics and examples of organizations that are revolutionizing the manufacturing industry through Internet of Things (IoT) technology.
- The ebook makes great use of a diagram to help illustrate a detailed concept—the revenue impact of business transformation—so that readers can better digest the information.
- The ebook features a visually appealing design with full-page images and lots of space around the text.
- The landing page explains what the reader will learn in the ebook, but doesn’t use an action-oriented header. It also doesn’t make the connection to how the reader can implement the knowledge to their benefit, other than stating that they’ll understand the revenue impact of business transformation.
- The ebook title should be more specific and actionable to entice readers to download the content.
- The ebook text is a little small. In addition, white text isn’t great for readability.
Get support with ebook creation
Work with an expert in B2B SaaS ebooks. Uplift Content can help your team nurture leads by creating compelling ebooks that showcase your expertise. Explore our ebook writing service.