As a SaaS marketer, you know competition for your prospects’ and customers’ attention is fierce, which can sometimes make B2B SaaS lead generation feel overwhelming. Today, SaaS companies face off against over 9 competitors on average—more than triple the amount of similar vendors to beat in 2015. In a neck-and-neck race to win the top position in your market, it’s crucial to attract new leads regularly.
Content marketing is one of the most powerful and cost-effective ways to drive leads for your SaaS company. While research shows that 27% of leads won’t need much convincing to buy from you, you’ll have to work to convert the other 73% into customers.
Creating high quality content on a consistent basis enables you to drive organic traffic to your website and increase the number of qualified leads for your organization. In this post, we’ll cover 7 B2B SaaS lead generation tips you can execute using content marketing.
How to succeed at B2B SaaS lead generation
1. Publish original, high quality blog posts
Blogging is an essential part of lead generation for SaaS companies. Incorporating blogs into your content marketing strategy is an excellent way to increase your brand awareness, conversions and revenue. Make sure you start with a solid blog strategy.
Publishing original blog content also enables you to position your SaaS company as a leader in your market, by demonstrating your expertise on topics related to challenges your prospects and customers are facing. Once you’ve wowed your readers with your in-depth industry knowledge, include a call to action at the end of every blog post that leads them where you want them to go next.
2. Contribute guest blogs to other websites
Reaching a broader audience than you could on your own is a key part of B2B SaaS lead generation. Grow your company’s exposure by writing blog posts for websites you know your prospects and customers read.
It’s a smart move to check a site’s domain authority before you contact them about writing a guest blog. Focus your efforts on websites with a high domain authority because these sites will give you the most valuable backlinks, which will help you raise your own domain authority.
3. Create compelling lead magnets
The best B2B lead magnets, like ebooks and white papers, are powerful tools for delivering value to your prospects and converting them into leads. These pieces of content should live on your SaaS company’s website behind “gated” download forms so you can capture your website visitors’ information when they download the content. Once your prospect is on your email list, you can then move them through the lead nurturing process.
4. Produce case studies
Case studies are killer marketing tools for B2B SaaS lead generation. This type of content enables your company to showcase the value of your products and services to potential customers down to the nitty gritty details including implementation. Case studies are highly effective at driving revenue because they clearly outline the path your existing customers took to get from a painful problem to a successful solution with real results.
5. Build credibility with testimonials
Using customer quotes in case studies, on product landing pages and on social media helps build trust with your prospects and supports your B2B SaaS lead generation strategy. Your audience wants to hear from your customers whether they recommend your products and services, and why. The testimonials you highlight in your content marketing should be specific and rich in detail that brings them to life.
6. Repurpose your content
Demand for fresh, new content is high in the SaaS industry, but that doesn’t mean you need to start from scratch every time you have a gap to fill in your content calendar. Repurposing your blog posts, case studies and lead magnets in multiple formats across various platforms is a solid method for extending the life of your existing content. For example, you can take snippets of your written content and repurpose them as videos to generate new leads.
7. Share your content on social media
Not only do you need to create content, but to make your B2B SaaS lead generation efforts worthwhile, you must promote the content you publish far and wide. LinkedIn is one of the best platforms for SaaS marketers to use, because it drives more than 80% of B2B leads across all social media networks.
You can try creating a series of LinkedIn posts about your latest blog or case study to drive traffic to the content, or post about your newest ebook or white paper in an industry group where you’ll have a captive audience.
Promote your content to accelerate B2B SaaS lead generation
Content marketing takes time and effort, so make it worth your while by ensuring you’re promoting your SaaS content broadly. Download Uplift Content’s ebook promotion checklist to find out 20 ways to promote your ebook (and your other content!) to its full potential.