Afton has been a writer since childhood, and she gets excited about helping clients serve their audiences with captivating, refreshing, effective marketing collateral. As a tech writer, her background in journalism and 10 years of experience in marketing and communications help her in her mission to create excellent content through strategic storytelling.
Afton has solid experience writing for the technology, higher education, and arts and culture sectors, as well as developing content marketing strategies and content for entrepreneurs across industries. As a tech writer, she crafts clear, compelling content that not only sparks a connection with readers, but keeps them engaged all the way through to the call to action.
5 surprising facts about Afton
- Her name is inspired by a Robert Burns poem about the River Afton in Scotland.
- Afton once wrote a book about local shop dogs in her then-hometown of Canmore, Alberta, Canada. The book was featured on the national news, as well as a few other media outlets.
- Afton loves hiking in the Canadian Rockies near where she lives, but is terrified of running into a bear or cougar (a very real possibility).
- True to her East Coast roots, Afton loves the ocean and seafood, which may not come as a total surprise.
- When she’s not working, Afton wishes she were travelling. She’s been to 15 countries and, yes, she is counting!